The Fiji Green Growth Framework outlines the governments national energy policy.
- Currently 60% of energy produced is through renewable sources, primarily hydro. Target to have all power generated via renewable energy by 2030.
- Fiji demand for renewable energy has been increasing as the fueled by national economic growth.
- The Government Rural Electrification Program has been allocated $50.8 million in the FY 2018-2019 budget to cater for solar installations, house wiring and generator repairs.
- Construction of a 12 Mega Watt biomass power plant completed at a cost of $92 million.
- A number of incentives are in pace for investors intending to establish renewable energy projects and power co-generation projects.